Apron cleaning instructions
CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROTECTIVE X-RAY APRONS
- Protective aprons should NEVER be machine laundered, dry cleaned or autoclaved.
- To spot clean the surface of an apron:
- Use a soft bristle brush and a mild soap solution such as a hand soap or laundry detergent.
- Never use bleach or solvents (mineral spirits, paint thinner, etc) to clean an apron as they may damage the interior lining and compromise the protective properties of the apron.
- Rinse gently with water and hang FLAT to dry.
- We recently did testing on several different types of disinfectants. We observed no adverse reactions when using Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes, Sani-Cloth AF3 Wipes (Grey Top), or Revolution Scrubbles Apron Cleaner according to their product directions for use.
- In general we do not recommend using bleach or bleach cleaners/wipes on aprons.
- NEVER fold or crease an apron. To prevent damage to the interior lining material, an apron should be hung on an apron hanger or apron rack when drying and when not in use.
- Aprons should be X-Rayed periodically to check for cracks. Replacement should be considered every 18-24 months, depending on the amount of usage and general wear and tear.